Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: MSN lists their top ten comic book movies.....

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Mr. Bungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,348
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I might prefer Batman Returns over Batman. It's definitely weirder, which I loved about it when I was a kid.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 0193081's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ugh...Penguin as some gross fish-mutant? Penguins with rocket boosters and guns

    The only good part of that movie was in fact Catwoman.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Johnny Feldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ghost world is number one, hell yeah.
    I still think American Splendor is the best comic book movie of all time. and all time includes the future [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member dedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2004
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the fact that the Road to Perdition isn't on that list is highly disturbing... as is the presence of many of those other films.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 0193081's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Forgot about Perdition. Great flick.

    Although I don't really consider movies like that 'comic book movies.' Sure, they're based on Graphic Novels, but it's completely different, IMO.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member dedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2004
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well there's a difference between comic book movies and superhero movies.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 0193081's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Exactly. True. I think when most people say 'comic book' they mean 'superhero' though.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member dedguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2004
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well 5 of the above films chosen by MSN aren't traditional spandex fair so i wouldn't say that's exactly true.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Chairman Kaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Dick Tracy deserves to be on their....If for nothing else the art direction in that film is great

    And I like Batman Returns as well....Hell atleast it didn't have the Prince tie in the first one had...ugh....and I absolutely hate it in movies that throw in a "popular" music artist ala Macy Gray in Spiderman.....That part still drives me crazy

  10. #20
    Inactive Member BigC's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    576
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Road to Perdition? Yuck! One of the only Hanks movies that I didn't buy him in the role he played.

    Unless I'm forgetting something (very possible)
    Blade II
    Spiderman
    Spiderman 2

    are the 3 best, and not in that order. Some of the other movies would have been better with better technology, and I'm sorry, but that is important. Spidey now blows away that fucker on t.v. with the rope.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •